Have you ever gone to great lengths to create a new and healthy meal for your family only to have it picked at suspiciously by nearly everyone sitting around the table? I know I have. It’s discouraging to say the least.
Well if you relate at all to this struggle, I have a secret for you! It’s microgreens!!
Microgreens are an amazing way to supercharge the meals your family already loves.
Am I really adding that much nutrition you might ask?
Even a handful of microgreens are packed with CONCENTRATED nutrition! Microgreens contain high levels of vitamins, minerals, antioxidant and photonutrients. Microgreens are particularly high in vitamins K, C, E, lutein, beta-carotene, as well a potassium, iron, zinc, copper, and magnesium. * **
So, are you ready to start supercharging your family’s meals with microgreens?? There are an unlimited way of doing this really. Have fun and get creative. If you need help getting started check out some of the ways I use microgreens.
Here are my Top 10 Microgreen Meal Boosters!
1. Use in place of lettuce in sandwiches, tacos, and burgers.
2. Use as an ingredient in any salad or make a simply delicious microgreens salad.
3. Use as a super healthy (and flavorful) garnish for meats and seafood.
4. Sprinkle on top of omelets, fried or scrambled eggs.
5. Garnish your favorite soup recipes with microgreens.
6. Serve meat, poultry, or seafood on a bed of microgreens, with or without other tasty greens like spinach, and kale.
7. Toss a handful into your favorite smoothie.
8. Sprinkle microgreens on homemade pizza.
9. Boost the nutrition of uncooked sauces and spreads like pesto, guacamole, and salsa verde by blending microgreens into these sauces.
10. Top roasted veggies or stir fries with microgreens.
Keep in mind that microgreens are best when eaten raw and uncooked. So think of them as a garnish or the ingredient you add last in a recipe.
Here are some studies that explain above mentioned nutritional findings: